Sod Installation Services in the Enid Area
For many years, Lang Well Drilling has provided sod installation for residential and commercial properties in Enid and surrounding communities. Whether you’re working on a home improvement project or you want to update the curb appeal for your home or business, you can rely on us to help you assess your sod needs, choose the right type of grass, and install the best quality sod for your project.
Our family and employees are experts and provide complete sod installation from start to finish. To prepare for proper installation, we address all grading and drainage needs and remove the old grass. Then, we install the new sod and ensure sprinklers are set for optimal coverage.
Why is Sod a Good Option?
Sod is mature grass that has already been planted and is sold in sections of grass and soil held together by roots or other materials.There are many advantages of using sod for your lawn instead of grass seed, including:
- Instant results. Newly installed sod is ready to use in about 30 days but instantly gives the look of a finished lawn. A seeded lawn, however, takes much longer to grow and should not be used until the grass is at least two inches tall.
- Immediate erosion control. On areas with erosion problems, like slopes, sod acts as a blanket to help hold soil in place. Until roots are established, grass seed and soil can wash away in heavy rains.
- Fast roots. If handled and installed properly, new sod typically takes just two to three weeks to root and become established enough for pets, play, and entertainment. A seeded lawn may need up to 12 weeks before it’s ready for light foot traffic.
- Limited weeds. Quality sod has few or no weeds because it does not have to compete with weeds for light, water, and nutrients. Grass seeds, however, are much more vulnerable and new growth can be choked out by pesky weeds.
- Flexible timing for installation. Sod can be installed anytime during the growing season, except in extreme heat. Depending on the type of grass, a seeded lawn should be sown during a smaller window of time.